Attorney Cara Cavallari grew up in Avon, CT and attended Central Connecticut State University as an Undergraduate, where she earned her B.S. degree in Business in 2013, cum laude. Attorney Cavallari was a NCAA Division 1 athlete and player on the CCSU Women’s Soccer team.
Cara went on to obtain her J.D. at Quinnipiac University School of Law. She graduated in 2017, earning concentrations in both Criminal Law Advocacy and honors in Family Law. During her 3 years of law school, Cara participated and was a member of the Criminal Law Society, Mock Trial Society and Mock Trial Competition Team.
During law school Attorney Cavallari worked as a certified legal intern at the Law Office of Kevin C. Ferry, LLC. Cara also interned at the Office of the Public Defenders in Hartford GA 14 for over a year, and gained extensive experience representing indigent clients at arraignment and arguing bond motions, working on a wide variety of cases ranging from drug possession and sale, DUI/DWIs, domestics, larceny, illegal possession of firearms, assault, robbery and burglary to murder. Attorney Cavallari earned an award in “Excellence in Clinical Work” for her work at the Office of the Public Defenders. She also won the High Academic Achievement Award for having the highest grade in the school in Trial Practice in 2017.
She was admitted to the CT bar in 2017 and is primarily focused on personal injury, criminal defense and wrongful death litigation. She is a member of the CT Youth Lawyers Association.
QUSL Intramural Mock Trial Competition—1st Place; 2015
Quinnipiac University School of Law: Excellence in Clinic Work: 2017
Quinnipiac University School of Law: Distinguished Academic Achievement Award—Trial Practice; 2017
Selected for National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Inc. Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award for the State of CT
Attorney Cavallari grew up in Avon, CT. She’s played soccer her entire life, including club for FSA and 4 years of NCAA Division 1 Soccer on the CCSU Women’s Soccer team. When she’s not working she is playing soccer in both indoor and outdoor leagues, running road races, snowboarding, playing golf, enjoying pasta at any Italian restaurant and playing with her English Pointer puppy, Rocco.
“No one cares, work harder.”
Music: Anything from Calvin Harris to Drake to Frank Sinatra
Reading: Depo transcripts (lol)
Interests: Soccer, snowboarding, running road races, golf, tennis, my English pointer puppy Rocco, my German Shorthair Pointer puppy Lola, Italian food.
Favorite Movie: A Bronx Tale, My Cousin Vinny, Lion King
Favorite TV Show: Sopranos, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Homeland
Favorite Vacation Spot: Aruba
Favorite Sports Teams: Yankees/Patriots
Attorney Cavallari discusses the importance of closed captioning on WFSB Channel 3.
- CCSU B.S. Business- Cum Laude 2013
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business 2013
- International Deans List Society 2013
- NCAA Division 1 CCSU Women’s Soccer Scholar Athlete Award (4 years)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law- Family Law Concentration; Honors
- Quinnipiac University School of Law- Concentration in Criminal Law Advocacy
- Criminal Law Society, Mock Trial and Competition Team
- Intramural Mock Trial Competition- 1st place
- Award: “Distinguished Academic Achievement Award”—Trial Practice; Highest grade in law school trial practice class 2016-2017
- Award: “Excellence in Clinical Work”— externship work at Hartford GA 14 Office of Public Defenders
- Nominated American Institute of Legal Advocates Rising Star 2018
- Admitted to Connecticut Bar November 2017
- CT Bar Association (CBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (CCDA)
- Connecticut Youth Lawyers Association (CYLA)